Amanda Colón is a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Marital and Family Law, with more than 20 years of legal experience. She combines the litigation and trial skills she honed as a prosecutor with creative option-building to create resolution for her clients. Ms. Colón provides counsel and support to clients across the Tampa Bay region including Pasco, Hernando, Pinellas, and Hillsborough Counties who are going through a divorce, paternity issues, adoption, child support, or other serious issue affecting their families. She is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator and trained in Collaborative Law. Amanda utilizes these dispute resolution skills to attempt to procure a satisfactory resolution to family issues specific to each clients’ particular needs. In the event an agreement cannot be reached, Ms. Colón works with the client to develop an efficient litigation strategy to bring the matter to a close. Read more below…
Attorney Colón has been honored with distinguished peer review ratings for her professionalism, high ethical standards and legal abilities including AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell®, AVVO and Super Lawyers®. She currently serves on the Professionalism Committee for the Sixth Judicial Circuit and is a past Chair of both the Grievance Committee and Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee for the Sixth Judicial Circuit. Amanda is a Director on the Board of the Tampa Bay Academy of Collaborative Professionals. She achieved Board Certification in 2010.
Ms. Colón began her career as a Prosecutor in the Sixth Judicial Circuit, handling all levels and types of criminal offenses. She served as a Senior Assistant Attorney General in the Second District Court of Appeal, where she handled Criminal Appeals and was placed in charge of the assessment and assignment of appeals taken on behalf of the Office of the State Attorney, and handled all Jimmy Ryce Act cases (Involuntary Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predators) within the Second DCA. Amanda successfully ran her own law firm for fourteen years before having the wonderful opportunity to merge her practice and join the team at OLDER LUNDY KOCH & MARTINO.
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Director – Tampa Bay Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Contact Attorney for the Professionalism Committee for the Sixth Judicial Circuit
- Former Chair – PACE Center for Girls, Pasco County
- Former President – Women Lawyers of Pasco
- Former President – West Pasco Bar Association
- Former Chair – Grievance Committee Sixth Judicial Circuit
- Former Chair – Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee Sixth Judicial Circuit
- Former Chair – Commision on the Status of Women, Pasco County
- Former Secretary – Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Committee
- Author of Board Certification Review materials regarding Florida’s Relocation Statute
- Served on the Appeals Committee for the grading of Board Certification Exams
- Speaker for various Continuing Legal Education courses
- Former Adjunct Professor for Paralegal Studies – Pasco Hernando State College
- The Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
In the News
What are the top 3 differences you should know between a traditional and collaborative divorce? Read attorney Kim Hamill’s recent article in the...
“5 Things Your Divorce Attorney Should Be Telling You” by Attorney Amanda Colon featured in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
By Amanda Colón – Attorney, Older Lundy Koch & Martino Mar 11, 2021 1. Adult children are still the children. Adult children often have the...
Congratulations to Older Lundy Koch & Martino attorneys rated as "Super Lawyers" by their peers in 2020: Michael Lundy Benjamin Older Amanda...
We’re always here when you need us.