First-Party Insurance position
Seeking a motivated paralegal/legal assistant for a fast-paced first-party insurance department with demonstrated civil litigation experience.
The prospective applicant will provide support to attorneys through all stages of the pre-litigation and litigation process to ensure timely management and progression of the file. Must possess knowledge of State and Federal court rules and procedure, strong work ethic with an emphasis in organization, and have a proactive approach to a teamwork environment. Critical to success is attention to detail, follow-through, accuracy, and communication. Excellent grammar and proof-reading skills required. The ability to work independently, multi-task and attention to detail is mandatory.
Duties include, but not limited to:
● Preparing correspondence, notices, pleadings, motions, discovery, and subpoenas as directed by attorneys
● Electronic filing of pleadings
● Preparing and processing third-party document requests via correspondence and/or subpoenas
● Scheduling for two attorneys including conferences, hearings, depositions, and/or mediations
● Assist attorneys in preparation for hearings, depositions, and/or mediations
● Process incoming pleadings and mail, including calendaring all pertinent deadlines
Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Property (or Civil Litigation)
Among the benefits included are 100% employer paid health and dental insurance, 401K and 401K match, Paid time off, and paid lunch.
Send resume and cover letter to CJones@OLALAW.com