You’ve come to the right place to find your Probate Administration attorney.
We’re always here when you need us.
Tampa Probate Administration Lawyer
At Older Lundy Koch & Martino, our Tampa probate lawyers have the skills and technical knowledge that you and your family can rely on. We have experience handling the full range of probate matters. If you have any or concerns questions about probate, professional guidance and support is available. To schedule your fully confidential initial consultation with a top-rated Florida probate law attorney, please give us a call or contact us directly online.
Estates Lawyer Tampa
Florida Probate Administration Law
What is Probate in Florida?
Probate is the name of the court-supervised process during which a decedent’s property is identified and gathered, bills are paid and creditor claims are resolved, and assets are distributed to the appropriate heirs. Larger estates are required to go through the formal probate process (full probate). A smaller estate ($75,000 or less) can sometimes be handled through a simplified version of probate called summary administration. An insolvent or very small estate may not be required to go through probate in Florida.
Probate Administration in Florida: Know the Responsibilities
The personal representative of the estate is tasked with ‘administering’ the probate process. In most cases, the personal representative is the executor named in the will. Though, if no executor was named, the personal representative may be the primary beneficiary or another close family member. Here is a brief overview of the responsibilities of a personal representative in Florida:
- Determine if a valid will exists or not;
- If there is a will, submit it to the probate court within ten days;
- Obtain certified copies of the death certificate;
- Gather information about the assets and liabilities of the estate;
- Determine the total value of the assets going through probate;
- Open a formal probate administration or summary administration;
- Carefully preserve the assets and property of the estate;
- Pay bills and settle all valid creditor claims against the estate; and
- Distribute the remaining assets to the appropriate heirs.
How Our Tampa Probate Administration Lawyers Can Help
You do not have to go through Florida’s probate process alone. At Older Lundy Koch & Martino, our multidisciplinary legal team has helped people and families find solutions that work for nearly two decades. We handle the full range of probate matters, including formal probate administration and summary probate administration. When you reach out to our law office, you will have a chance to speak to a Florida probate administration attorney who will:
- Conduct a comprehensive, confidential review of your case;
- Answer any questions you have about Florida’s probate process;
- Gather documents, records, and information;
- Handle all of the official probate paperwork; and
- Proactively address any obstacles or challenges that may arise.
Call Our Florida Probate Administration Attorneys for Help
At Older Lundy Koch & Martino, our Tampa probate administration lawyers are standing by, ready to get started with your case. If you have questions or concerns about probate administration in Florida, we can help. Contact our legal team today for a fully confidential consultation. With law offices in Tampa, Trinity, Clearwater, and Dade City, we represent clients in Hillsborough County, Pinellas County, Pasco County, and beyond.